glazes and engobes provide additional surface protection and special visual appearance to ceramic substrates: matt. Matt-gloss. High-gloss. Transparent. Opaque. Suitable for low temperature applications to classic fire-on temperatures. Suitable for roof tiles, tiles and plates, tableware as well as special products and special ceramics. As required.
WENDEL DIRECT QUOTE „Our own smelting plant ensures that our frits are developed in accordance with our customers’ requirements making us the ideal partner for precisely adapted engobe and glaze solutions“
, says Dr. Kerstin Minner, R&D Director for glazes and engobes.
CUSTOMER REQUIREMENTS COME FIRST
with regard to fields of application
, application processes and product types
and in our analytical laboratory.
Fields of application
- Disc application
- Gun spraying
- Bell application
- Individual components
- Frits in the form of granules, ground, and in required grain size fraction
- Colouring oxides
- Painting colours
- Ready-to-use mixture (powder)
- Can be used immediately – just add water
- Ready-to-mill raw material mixture
- Ready-to-mill material mixture already perfectly weighted and mixed
- Ready-to-use slip (wet)
- with best possible litre weight for immediate use
- The durability and colour accuracy of our products are subject to stringent controls in our analytical laboratory and safety-tested in accordance with TÜV standards. All products undergo a quality and surface check. The goods are not dispatched until they pass these tests 100%.
Wendel is committed to: “Customized glazes and engobes, tailored to individual ceramic bodies and firing conditions.”